Today I want to share one of my all time favorite Ramadan dishes - "Ferni" also known as Rice Cream. My mom has been making Ferni every Ramadan since I was little kid. It is by far my favorite dish and have been wanting to learn how to make it for the longest time. I'm sharing this super simple recipe with all of you so that you can enjoy this delicious dish during Ramadan:
1/4 cup Rice Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Milk [Whole or 2%]
1 tablespoon Rose Water
1 pinch Ground Cardamom
1. Combine milk, rice flour, and sugar in a non-stick saucepan.
2. Whisk ingredients together, then turn the heat on medium and keep stirring until the mixture thickens.
3. Constantly stir the mixture in order to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan and burning.
4. Just when it starts to bubble (after about 10 minutes) add a pinch of ground cardamom and rose water.
5. Once the mixture thickens pour into small serving dishes or one large dish.
6. Garnish with saffron, pistachios, or nothing at all. Let cool and enjoy!