This past weekend I went to Jaleo with my sister. Jaleo is a restaurant by chef José Andrés. The name sounds familiar?! Remember Zaytinya? Jaleo offers delicious Spanish food! The food is tapas style which makes it tempting to order everything on the menu!
- Gambas Al Ajillo: tapa of shrimp sautéed with garlic
- Bocata De Calamares: fried calamari sandwich from Madrid with alioli
- Sandía Con Tomate: watermelon salad with tomatoes, goat cheese, toasted pistachios, micro greens and Sherry vinegar
- Escalivada Catalana: roasted red peppers, eggplant and sweet onions with sherry dressing served with toasted bread
- Pasamontes Manchego: sheep‘s milk cheese paired with compressed apples in muscatel
Everything was delicious! My favorite was the fried calamari sandwich. I love calamari and order it anywhere I can. This was by far the best calamari sandwich I have had!
Jaleo has four locations: Washington DC, Bethesda [Maryland], Crystal City [Virginia], and Las Vegas. Check them out!